2005/09/21

One thing I noticed right away about our new neighborhood. Most people already had aluminum fencing up around at least part of their yard. Apparently they know something that I don't. My son-in-law put in a gate on one side of our house last week, so that side is done. The other side will be done in different parts. First, the rear end of the back yard will be done. Later, the last part will entail going up the side of the house and then cutting over to the porch where another gate will be put in facing the front. It probably will take a while, but we will feel more secure when the job is completed. Right now both of us are waiting for fall to get here with the cooler temperatures. We both need exercise, but it is too blasted hot during the summer months to do anything except stay indoors. We go to the mall once a week at least to take in a walk and get some lunch. It's not an overly exciting life, but at least I don't have to work anymore. My job is to stay by my wife's side and be her caregiver. She is handicapped, having gone through a bout of two Cancers some eight years ago with the operations to boot. Thank God she now is in remission; hopefully forever. We both have bad backs, high blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, and I get headaches that keep me out of the sun for long periods of time. I guess you could say that we deserve each other after 35 years of marriage. One very nice older neighbor even offered to walk with my wife once a week this fall if I couldn't make it. It's amazing how truly wonderful some people can really be if you just give them the chance. End of Part 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home